The Graton Community Club was originally established in 1914 as the Oak Grove Home and School Club, to provide support and community for the students at Oak Grove School.
In 1916 the club purchased the Chicken Incubator Building, which was originally located on the west side of the railroad tracks in Graton, and had it moved to its present location on the corner of Edison and Main Street (Graton Road). The first flower show was held in 1922 and by 1959 the club was holding two-day Spring and Fall flower shows which continue today.
The Club established its scholarship program in 1954, awarding scholarships to Santa Rosa Junior College students in the West County going on to four-year colleges. The program continues
today awarding several $1000 scholarships per year. The funds are raised primarily from the flower shows.
Throughout the years the club has continued to support Graton’s children, such as providing playground equipment, soup and hot chocolate to students on rainy days, helping pay for students to go to camp, art programs at Oak Grove, etc.
The club also provides a place for community activities, such as craft shows, concerts, meetings for the Graton Fire District, political forums, talent shows, Santa visits at Christmas, and much more. It has truly become a gathering place for many different events, and provides a strong community base.
History Library >